Friday, October 14, 2011

What Sparks Our Ideas Part II


In many ways, life is boring. But that doesn't mean you have to be boring along with it. Being bored is the perfect opportunity to let your mind wonder and get creative.

And my ideas are always sparked by other creative people. Whether it's a musician, artist, or a favorite author, my best writing days usually come after I spend time listening to, watching, or reading other artists do their thing. Great artists always spark ideas you can relate to or give you something you can build on. Which brings me to the truth.

None of my ideas and creative sparks would work without the truth. Even though I'm making up a story, if there wasn't some semblance of truth to it, it wouldn't be believable. Good writing mixes honesty with characters that have a unique view of how to deal with what they're being put through.

So start writing some creative truths!

No comments: